Description What to expect as Elastic Path's Solutions Architect position?
As a Solutions Architect, you will bring your extensive experience designing and deploying software solutions for enterprise customers to our ecommerce projects. In this role you will work directly with customers, system integrators and our own professional services teams to identify solution requirements, turn those requirements into a detailed, implementable architecture and work with developers to deliver the solution. Your excellent Java development skills will be needed to properly understand the Elastic Path platform and you will get your hands dirty with the code base as part of your training and on an ongoing basis.Who is Elastic Path?
Elastic Path develops the world's most sophisticated API-based enterprise commerce platform. The company's flagship product, Elastic Path Commerce, has helped the world's biggest brands generate $45 billion in over 170 countries. Customers from industries as diverse as travel, telecoms, publishing, software and retail enjoy the benefits of a flexible, open architecture that drives brand-defining customer experiences.A grown-up start-up
Founded in 2000, Elastic Path is proud to have some very prominent enterprise customers and partners. We have a very lean and flat organization that enables people to do their jobs with full autonomy and the support of a small and approachable executive team.
With breath taking views from our headquarters in beautiful downtown Vancouver, our open office concept encourages conversation & collaboration. Offering a flexible work environment that fits with your lifestyle, no one is more than just a Slack away. What impact will you have?
- Participate in high-level requirements-gathering with customers to help identify and prioritize solution requirements
- Provide guidance on design alternatives and their implications (function, cost, complexity etc.) to select the most appropriate design
- Convert the high-level requirements into a complete solutions architecture that the development team can implement. The architecture will specify necessary extensions to existing Elastic Path components and/or APIs, integrations with external systems, deployment topology, and so forth
- Communicate the architecture to project stakeholders
- Transition the project to the development team, explain the design and remain available to address questions or problems that arise during implementation
- Participate in constructing architecturally significant aspects of the solution when required
- Assist with pre- and post-sales guidance, time and budget estimates, and the design and coding of proof-of-concept solutions
- Be an architectural and design resource for professional service projects, clients and partners
- Be a strong advocate for the client's technical needs
- Improve efficiency and reduce cost of client projects through identification and harvesting of reusable components
What experience do you need to Be Remarkable in this position?
- 7-10 years relevant experience which includes 1-2 years' experience as an architect designing complex solutions for mid-size and enterprise companies
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience working directly with customers and partners in service/consulting engagements
- Experience working directly with customers and partners in service/consulting engagements at all levels
- Significant development and delivery experience with large-scale Java EE solutions, databases, web servers, networking, security, etc.
- Experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in an enterprise environment
- Strategic view across a broad cross-section of technologies with a strong focus on implementation constraints and trade-offs, performance, scalability and maintainability
- Strong knowledge of enterprise integration patterns and practices, and experience with integrating external systems such as ERP, CRM and content management systems
- Broad knowledge of advanced software environment monitoring & management tools, performance modeling tools, capacity analysis tools, and other advanced modeling and trending tools
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to influence and successfully interface with executive leadership
- Experience with other E-Commerce applications or Elastic Path products
- Confidence to lead through change in a fast paced and occasionally ambiguous environment
- Ability to travel to client sites as required (up to 20%)
Bonus points for…
- Solid knowledge of Object Oriented programming techniques, specifically with Java
- Familiarity and facility with Linux operating systems
- Familiarity with HTML, XML and JSON
- You are highly productive, self-motivated, creative and focused
- You love to learn and embrace rapidly changing technologies
- You code or play with code on your own time, developing your skills "just because"
- You are passionate about being part of a team that strives to be the best
At Elastic Path, we go the extra mile to provide you & your family with exceptional benefits including:
- $1,000 annual Health and/or Lifestyle spending account. Yes, you can use this for a ski pass, manicure, new laptop or a top up on family health expenses. Heck, you can even get a tattoo!
- RRSP matching
- Personal development fund & paid time off
- Transit pass
- Full MSP Coverage
- Health and Dental
- Long/Short term disability insurance
- Our kitchen offers coffee connoisseurs everything they need to brew an Americano, latte or fresh cappuccino
- Fresh fruit delivered weekly
- Onsite fitness facility, change rooms (including towel service!) and bike storage
- An awesome view!
An Exciting Future
Committed to being the most innovative commerce technology company, Elastic Path helps the world's biggest brands generate billions in revenue using its powerful enterprise ecommerce platform. Our vision is to build the most flexible, open, and modern enterprise commerce software as recognized by analysts including Gartner, Forrester and IDC.
What does that mean for you? There has never been a more exciting time to join Elastic Path.
Be Open. Be Remarkable. Be the Customer. Be the Team. The values we live by.Apply Now!