Reporting to the Director, Solutions & Architecture the Solution Architect is responsible for the realization of architecture, design and architectural strategies for enterprise technology solutions and business application that supports core organizational functions and fulfills business strategic goals. A key role in the organization, the Solution Architect will analyze various business requirements, make appropriate technology choices, determine best-in-class enterprise implementation, and guide development and integration teams with solution implementation details. In addition, the Solution Architect partners with business stakeholders, solutioning team and other stakeholders, provides leadership and driving technology solutions being implemented incrementally towards the enterprise architectural goals.
Who you are:
- You take initiative, seeking out and owning opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and our business.
- You’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment, maintaining a keen attention to detail even when under pressure.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, sharing your knowledge with your colleagues, and celebrating success as a team.
- You’re a life-long learner, staying current on market events, industry news, and innovative trends and technologies.
- You believe in sustainable financial strength, and you’re committed to long-term wealth solutions.
- You consider the impact of your actions on your team members, our partners, our clients, and the places where we live and work.
What your day looks like:
- Act as a subject matter expert in architecting technology solutions using J2EE / .NET, mobile and cloud-based solution technologies to solve complex business problems.
- Propose solutions architecture to fulfill business objectives, including integration solutions with our partners or with other third-party service providers.
- Perform assessments of the current platform architecture, business solutions, and technologies to identify any critical deficiencies, continuous improvement opportunities and cost savings.
- Work with other business solution teams and partners to identify and support cross-business and cross-functional opportunities for collaboration, standardization and reuse of enterprise technologies.
- Apply solutions architecture governance principles and best practices across the project teams.
- Evaluate existing state and develop roadmaps to reach proposed solution architecture future state.
- Define, document and communicate architecture design standards for implementation of business solutions and integration between business systems.
- Maintain a repository of solution architecture documentation.
- Ensure architecture compliance to infrastructure and security constraints.
- Lead technical design reviews within project teams to provide architecture oversight.
- Develops logical and conceptual data models for solution implementation, applies data modeling best practices techniques and enforces enterprise data standards across projects.
- Performs initial design, problem solving and reviews of solution architecture.
- Performs analysis oversight during detailed design of business solutions that conform with the corporate strategic goals.
- Performs as technical leader on large complex projects, following agile methodologies, giving technology directions to the scrum team and managing to completion.
- Research new technologies and emerging trends that could help drive competitive advantages.
Your experience and skills:
- Post-secondary degree in the field of computer science, engineering or information systems.
- 5+ years of solution architecture and software vendors integration working experience.
- 3+ years of experience in solution architecture and design for J2EE application, and/or integration experience with a heterogeneous environment with both .NET and J2EE technology stack.
- Extensive experience in developing business solution architecture, integration solution specifications, solution roadmaps other application design artifacts and support documentation.
- Experience with RESTful architecture and SOA architecture, and experience in microservice design and API gateway implementation would be an asset.
- Expertise in one or more of the J2EE containers (Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogic)
- Experience in the latest web development and mobile development technologies, including but not limited to: Java / J2EE, Oracle, MS-SQL, SAML2, OAuth2, OpenID Connect, JWT, SOAP/REST API, AngularJS, Node.js, JQuery, HTML5, JSON, XML, XSD, etc. …
- Solid understanding of Java technologies/frameworks including Spring, EJB, JPA, Hibernate, Struts, Messaging (JMS), Ant/Maven and Cloud-based platform technologies (e.g. AWS or Azure)
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design, design models, design patterns and agile application development processes & practices.
- Ability to understand technical challenges, identify implications of certain decisions and make educated trade-offs in terms of complexity, depth or timelines with your team.
- Ability to present to executives on architecture concepts and design decisions at right level.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, enterprise-minded and innovative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to independently work with minimal supervision, multi-tasking with competing priorities and able to lead / drive things to completion
- Superior written and oral communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with various levels of management, staff and external clients.
- Experience in wealth management or finance systems would be an asset.
Posted: November 16, 2018
Closes: January 15, 2019