Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Job location: 510 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, V6B 0M3
Salary: $98,134.40-$112,600/yr commensurable with experience.
As a Solutions Architect within AWS, you will have the opportunity to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's utility computing web services including compute, storage, networking, analytics, application services, management, mobile technologies, Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), augmented/virtual reality, and security within Public Sector customers including government, education, healthcare, and not for profit.
Your key responsibilities will include:
• Become a Trusted Advisor and advocate for our customers as you guide them through migrating and building applications on AWS.
• Assist customers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies that will enable them to drive down costs and raise the bar for citizen services.
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge with the worldwide solution community, customers and partners.
• Deliver presentations to customers, partners, internal stakeholders, and public.
• Understand and leverage internal business support systems.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Engineering, or related field
• 1 year of experience developing mobile/web applications
• 1 year of experience conducting user experience tests for mobile/web applications
• 1 year of experience programming or coding experience using one of the following: C/C++/C#, Node.JS, Java, Python, PHP, Ruby
• 1 year experience working with cloud technologiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
All applicants must meet all qualifications listed above.
Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company's discretion.
Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units.
While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation