Amazon is where innovation, risks, and ideas are celebrated. We are builders. We try new things and dream big dreams. At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are inventing the future of cloud computing. AWS is where the cloud first came to life. Now we're inventing for the decades ahead. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse teams of thinkers, testers, and doers. Come join us and work with the latest cloud computing technologies that enable our customers to do more with their technology and change the world in their respective industries.
We are looking for a Big Data Specialist Solutions Architect to join our AWS team in Vancouver or Calgary. This individual will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for helping customers leverage the analytics services on AWS to solve their data management needs . In AWS, you'll find teams of focused builders whose ability to invent is only limited by their imaginations. As a trusted customer advocate, the specialist solutions architect will help organizations understand advanced cloud-based solutions and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS within organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers. The ability to link technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Design Customer Solutions. - Work with existing and potential customers to deeply understand their business and technical needs. Develop solutions that make the best use of the AWS Cloud platform and Analytics Services. Collaborate with AWS field sales, training, and support teams to ensure customer success.
• Exhibit Thought Leadership. Evangelize AWS Services and Analytics Solutions that benefit customers. Share best practices through forums such as AWS blogs, whitepapers, reference architectures and public speaking events such as AWS Summit and AWS re:Invent.
• Partner with Customer Account Teams, Business Development Managers and Analytics Service teams to accelerate customer adoption and revenue attainment.
• Act as technical liaison between customers and the service engineering teams, providing product improvement feedback to AWS developers and accelerating the adoption of new features in customer deployments.
• Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
• Develop and support the AWS internal community of Analytics technologists.
Open to travel up to 25%. Position can work out of Vancouver or Calgary.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture and networking
• 5+ years of experience in Big Data technologies (including Hadoop, Spark and distributed query engines)
• Experience in technology/software sales or pre-sales consulting.
• Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math or 6+ year's work experience in technical role in lieu of no Bachelor's degree.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Graduate degree in Computer Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
• Experience architecting, operating cloud-based solutions.
• AWS Solution Architecture certification or relevant cloud expertise.
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
• Ability to present with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Experience with a programming or scripting language.
• Company- or regional-level recognition in the Big Data fields (conference presentations, Meet-Ups, etc).
• Ability to understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between technical and business app requirements.
• Operational experience working with website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation