6-month Solution Architect contract opportunity building out retail technology solutions for a global brand located in Vancouver with full remote work capability until August 2021.
- 6-month contract Solution Architect contract
- High profile retail technology program
- Highly respected brand located in Vancouver with remote work capability until August 2021
What & Why:
As a result of investment in technology our client is looking to add a Solution Architect to their team. This is the perfect role for an extrovert solution guru who has a passion for creativity and can own and end to end design concept through to build. You should not be shy of a challenge and will be working closely with the management team and domain architect. Ideally you should be an experienced full stack tech developer who has been there and done it all as you will be hands on and willing to get into the weeds to resolve issues. You will own a solution and be accountable for the delivery of that solution leveraging the scrum teams. You will be a focal point in scrums to support sprint resolution/problem resolution and direct the development teams accordingly. The solution in place will have flexibility, high-availability, scalability, Cloud (agnostic) mind set first. You are the person who is key to successful delivery, from conceptualization to operationalization
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and won major awards for their accomplishments in 2019. 2020 remained a very strong year for them which included a major strategic acquisition. 2021 has them investing majorly in bleeding edge technology as they looking to be a global leader in retail technology. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19 and are full work remote until at least August 2021.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 10+ years architect/design/implementation experience of large-scale, highly available transactional systems with loosely coupled architecture patterns
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience with significant depth of knowledge on designing, implementing and deploying cloud native solutions on public cloud such as AWS, GCP and Azure
- Expert in developing highly distributed micro-service architectures in global environments
- Deep experience with security, data and modern web technologies
- Strong software development fundamentals including automated testing, source control (Git), etc
- Experience integrating web frontends with complex multi-tier applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Comp Sci/Engineering or equivalent
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology