Requisition ID: 166832
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
TheDigital Factoryis an innovation hub with a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by re-imaging the customer experience, to deliver new digital value propositions. We have the support and experience of one of the world's largest banks behind us and a talented, and growing, team of industry leaders driving us forward.
Do you want to help us reinvent how people bank? At the Scotiabank Digital Factory, we are passionate about transforming the customer experience.
We're looking to fill our team with influencers, makers, creators and leaders who are flexible, curious, adventurous, versatile and responsive; and who are ready to roll up their sleeves in a collaborative and productive environment to get things done.
By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world. About the role
Contributes to the overall success of the Scotia Digital Customer Security Services (CSS) in Canada ensuring deliverables are of the highest quality while adhering to defined release, change, project and architectural standards and methodologies by leveraging an agile scrum team (Product, Engineering, Agile, Design).Responsible for providing strategic vision to Digital Banking stakeholders on Identity Management and Security product roadmap, bring together ideas and innovation that inspire solutions that enable the customer security platform, lead a group of developers to provide key design and architectural decisions and guidance to deliver a Customer Authentication and Authorization and Identity solution, lead design sessions, rationalizing and making complex design decisions. Is this role right for you?
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert as well as a tech lead to multiple scrum teams
• Create documentation including design, operational support documents
• Owner of architecture and process improvements
• Regularly conveying key strategies, tasks, and status to team and management
• Builds and maintains professional working relationships with peers within Enterprise Solution Architects and business lines
• Works with team to identify roadmap/feature dependencies
• Escalates conflict to the Leadership Team as required
• Budget: accountable for awareness and communication to stakeholders
• Help drive best practices in order to eliminate waste, increase innovation and create value for the business
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and influencing skills with ability to build and foster relationships with business users, stakeholders, technology partners and coworkers
• Participate in all aspects of a project life cycle (Requirements, Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Implementation and Production handover)
• Solid Java web application design and development from front end GUI to back end services.
• Knowledge on Authentication and Authorization technology best practices
• Has continuous improvement methodology
• Solid understanding of Agile methodology backed by hands on experience, development techniques and best practices for an enterprise framework
• Processes strong problem-solving and analytical skills to rapidly assess problem situations and develop solutions
• Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions
• Must be result-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details
• Must be able to think conceptually out-of-the-box and operates independently day to day
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or an equivalent degree
• Experience developing and supporting applications.
• More than 5 years working knowledge on Identity Management solutions both external internet facing Authentication/Authorization standard and full-stacked secured Access management
• Strong Java OO Programming skills, LDAP skills, and RDBMS skills
• Solid experience working on Infrastructure centric platforms both on prem and cloud
• Good understanding and working knowledge of the server and network configurations both for deployment and at run-time
• Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
• Must be able to think conceptually out-of-the-box
• Strong knowledge on Authentication Protocols: SAML 2, OIDC, Oauth 2
• Working knowledge on Security: PKI, security keys
• Strong knowledge i n Cloud Development : Azure, GCP
• Strong knowledge on Various authentication Factors
• Knowledge on General web site attacking scenarios
• Understand SMS, Push Notification, and Email delivery
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to communicate on a broad spectrum (from deep technical discussions to high level executive vision)
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (C I /C D ) pipelines
• Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
• Experience of traditional agile methodologies, including Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and client relation skills
• Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple complex initiatives
• Excellent problem-solving skills; have vision and innovative approach to computer-based solutions and ability to convey these ideas
• Exceptional planning and analytical skills, ability to focus on the critical issues
• Must be reliable, proactive, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details
• Must have an expert ability to balance competing or conflicting goals of various departments/stakeholders, requiring a mature, diplomatic approach and well developed negotiation and influencing skills.
• Strong knowledge and demonstrable experience of common IT organizational technology and processes
• Possess well developed leadership ability, as well as coaching and training experiences
• Ideally possess demonstrated examples of work around transformation & driving efficiencies
• Banking/Financial Services' working experience would be an asset
• Self-motivated; work both independently and collaboratively with multi-functional teams
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential What's in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers.
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development.
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package.
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Solution Architect, Architecture, Cloud, Investment Banking, Web Design, Technology, Engineering, Finance, Creative
Creative and Graphic Design Information Technology