Global enterprise location with the ability to work remote from anywhere in Canada.
- 12-month contract Solution Architect role
- Working closely with a wide variety of stakeholder groups as they transition to microservices
What & Why:
As a result of major projects our client is looking to add a Solution Architect to their team. You will be working closely with the wider technology team as they to transition to microservices. You will be unraveling a monolith application and develop new features and functionality for it. You will be working especially closely with the engineering team developing reference implementation, so someone who comes from a strong development background and is able to still code, is necessary. They are heavily investing in Kafka, so previous experience with Kafka is considered a must have for this role.
Our client has one of the best work environments that the Lower Mainland has to offer. They have beautiful offices located in Burnaby with free parking and a great cafeteria. Contractors are treated exceptionally well, and their opinions are valued. This role will be work remote for the entirety of Covid19. If you are local to Vancouver, you would have the option of working from the office post pandemic but this role can be remote for the entirety of the contract.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- 10 years IT experience, with at least 3 years in an architect role.
- 8+ years IT experience in analysis and design related positions
- 5+ years IT experience in Java development
- 2+ years of Cloud Architecture experience (especially AWS)
- 2+ years of Microservice Development based on Kafka, Kubernetes & SpringBoot
- Hands-on experience with architecting IT solutions including; modeling, business requirements gathering/analysis, and systems analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in Comp Sci, Business or related experience
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.
Software and Programming Information Technology