Quester Tangent is seeking an experienced Software QA Test Specialist to perform a vital role in the development and quality of our software. As a software tester, you will be involved in all stages of the software product development lifecycle with emphasis on compliance (verification) and validation testing.
As a member of the Software Team within the Engineering department, you will perform testing at each stage to identify and resolve problems early in the development cycle. You will prepare test procedures, perform both manual and automated testing, and generate test reports. You will also have the opportunity to develop and contribute to a suite of automated test scripts.
This position will be adapted to meet the abilities of the successful applicant. A candidate with significant training and experience will be given the challenges and responsibility to match their abilities. An intermediate level candidate will receive the time and mentoring necessary to develop into the role. How you will spend your time:
What you will need to succeed:
- Working with Software Product Owners to establish test cases based on requirements
- Centralized test coordination within the Software Engineering Group
- Creation and update of Software Test Procedures based on system and software requirements
- Execution and reporting of software tests
- Software test metrics collection and reporting
- Ad Hoc and exploratory testing (can you break it?)
- Coordinating with team members to ensure that software is designed for testability
- Creating automated test scripts for functional, performance, and stress tests
- Creating bug reports to provide feedback to the development team
- The ability to travel is not a requirement for this position, but travel opportunities may be available if you show an interest and aptitude for working in the field.
Experiences that will help you thrive:
- Diploma or degree in Computer Science; or related experience
- 2+ years QA experience in a formal software testing environment
- Experience with Python and other scripting languages
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with a Software Testing Standard
- Technical competence in computers, networking, operating systems and web technology
- Detail oriented
- Experience with Test Automation and Metric Generation
- Familiarity with IEEE SW standards (1558 applies to rail equipment)
- Black-box testing methodologies
- Familiarity with the software release process
- Ability to work directly with electronic devices
- Experience with Jira or other bug tracking software
Today's passenger trains contain dozens of electronic control units that communicate through Ethernet and Wi-Fi networks. Quester Tangent is an established but growing Canadian company that designs and manufactures train control and monitoring systems and passenger information systems that are an integral part of these networks.
Join our team and help create innovative products used on rapid transit and subway lines in major cities across North America and around the world.
Quester Tangent is an equal opportunity employer that values and respects all employees as individuals, regardless of age, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and gender. Diversity brings new ideas, inspires innovation, and strengthens our company.
In support of a health work-life balance, we are proud to offer flexible work schedules, a full suite of group benefits, personal paid days off, and a location outside of the downtown core in an area surrounded by natural green spaces. We have showers and bicycle racks if you wish to commute by bicycle, free parking if you prefer to drive, and we are on a major bus route if you use public transit.
COVID-19 Update: Strengthening our workforce is the key to meeting our customers' needs. We continue to hire talented people using safe hiring practices. This includes limiting onsite visitors and prioritizing video interviews. Our on-site protocols have been very effective in keeping our team safe throughout the pandemic. Images Additional Info
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC, Sidney, BC, Vancouver Island, BC
Experience Level : Junior Level, Intermediate Level
Software and Programming