Teck's BC-based firms are implementing the new requirements of the Professional Governance Act (PGA) and the associated regulatory framework of the Association of Engineers and Geoscientists BC (EGBC). Successful implementation followed by ongoing governance is an essential aspect of maintaining Teck's Permits to Practice engineering in the province and will lead to meaningful changes and continuous improvement in these practices within Teck.
You will have the opportunity to enjoy a flex-work schedule and to work from one of many beautiful Teck locations, including Vancouver, Kamloops, Trail, the Elk Valley, B.C. or Calgary, A.B. Remote work options in Canada will be considered.
This is an excellent opportunity for a developing technical professional who wishes to broaden their experience through in-depth exposure to the management and quality assurance of technical practice across the spectrum of computer engineering activities in the mining environment!
The successful individual will develop expertise in the implementation of regulatory requirements, development, and implementation of quality management processes and systems, change management, and opportunities to develop aligned continuous improvement initiatives. Engagement, communication, and collaboration with partners including front-line technical specialists, supervisors, and senior leaders will be essential elements of success.
This individual will also be a member of the Teck PGA implementation team and will contribute to activities across the other BC registered firms and develop and implement aligned processes to improve BC-wide efficiency and consistency in Teck's approach to the PGA and EGBC requirements Responsibilities:
- Review EGBC regulations with emphasis on standards of conduct and competence and quality management standards specific to the regulated practice of software and computer engineering.
- Review Teck's Professional Practice Management Plan and Code of Conduct to apply these to the regulated practice of software and computer engineering.
- Assess existing computer and software-related policies and procedures to identify where additions and improvements are required concerning the regulated practice of engineering.
- Develop and communicate new departmental policies and procedures specific to the regulated practice of computer and software engineering.
- Assess existing products and processes to identify areas for improvement.
- Establish software and project management proficiency assessment process
- Prepare material to enable communication of safety-critical system criteria and software engineering protected practice to both engineering and non-engineering staff.
- Participate in work product assessments
- Support Teck's Responsible Registrants in the development of processes, systems, and structures that Teck's Professional Practice Management Plan (PPMP) requires to function, including but not limited to the EGBC Quality Management areas
- Support the Responsible Registrants in the development of processes, systems, and structures that the PPMP requires to function, including but not limited to the EGBC Quality Management areas
- Experience deve loping safety or environment-critical software and systems
- Possess strong listening and influencing skills as a valuable tool for achieving and maintaining PPMP compliance and improvement throughout Teck Resources Limited
- Proven strong communication skills and change management experience with a track record that includes the development and implementation of operational and interpersonal plans and/or policies
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both formal and informal settings
- Demonstrated ability to work with and communicate with multiple stakeholder groups, including Teck's senior leadership teams
- Transformation experience in a large, complex business environment, strategic development, multidisciplinary initiatives, and project/program management
- EGBC Registered Professional Engineer proficient to practice computer engineering with knowledge in the areas of software engineering, information systems, and/or systems integration preferred
- In-depth technical knowledge of EGBC's regulatory practices and requirements preferred
- Experience with process development, implementation, management of change, and compliance would be assets
Successful candidates must be fully vaccinated against infection by COVID-19. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a personal characteristic protected under applicable human rights legislation may request to be exempt from this requirement. We will do our best to accommodate those who are unable to be vaccinated.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc, and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK. A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck's approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and the capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck's sustainability practices rank in the top 10 percent of the world's 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information for recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information. Job Segment:
Software Engineer, Coal Mining, Sustainability, Compliance, Engineering, Mining, Energy, Legal
Software and Programming