Hey, we're Article. We're a digital-first furniture brand that's engineering remarkably better furniture experiences. We don't have brick and mortar stores, so we're able to deliver better value on beautiful, modern furniture. Recently named one of Canada's fastest growing companies, we're on the hunt for talented, enthusiastic team members to join us at our headquarters in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia. Maybe it's you we're looking for?
We're looking for a Software Engineering Manager to own the design, development, testing, deployment of Article operational systems.
You will significantly impact the Article business by:
- Building a best-in-class engineering team.
- Translating software requirements to design specifications and effectively communicate with team members.
- Driving software engineering best practices.
- Make build versus buy decision.
- Improving team velocity by being the force multiplier for the team.
- Establishing schedule/estimates/delivery timelines for feature release.
- Working closely with the team to define just the right amount of process.
- Mentoring engineers, helping them improve their skills and grow their careers.
What will your responsibilities be as a Software Engineering Manager at Article?
- Hire, motivate and retain Software Engineers.
- Responsible for the overall software engineering life cycle.
- Ensure that every member of the team is working to at least a reasonable level.
- Ensure sufficient software development processes and tools are in place.
- Breaking down Epics into smaller chunks, and assigning to the right Engineer.
- Vet all user stories and requirements from business and engineering point of view.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Communicating status of your team up and communicating news and decision down.
- Participate in estimation and planning.
- Make sure that the team is communicating with the customer (Sponsors, Users, Partners etc) appropriately.
- Maintain an understanding of the value derived from shipping code rapidly to production and learning/iterating on the results.
- Be the technical expert for all operational products and features (What each feature is and how it works).
- Bachelor's in Computer Science or related Engineering fields with 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience either managing software development teams or in a lead technical role.
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a software engineer is preferable.
- Familiar with the latest technologies in web front end development.
We want Article to be an amazing place to work, and we do our part to take care of our team. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- You'll get all the tools you need to get your job done well.
- Access to a great benefits package with all the bells and whistles.
- All employees get amazing discounts on our products so you can style your home how you like it.
- Our kitchen is regularly stocked full of delicious snacks.
- We don't just crunch the clock and leave; we also have regular extra-curricular activities. We're open to suggestions for fun new activities so bring a few ideas along.
Ready to become a Particle? Apply today. We're excited to meet you.