AWS Cloud Map is looking for an Engineering Manager to drive implementation of our vision of making Cloud Map one-stop shop for discovering all resources in the cloud. Today Cloud Map team owns highly available and scalable service discovery solution that allow customers to discover their resources at runtime, define custom names for resources, and maintain updated location of these dynamically changing resources. As a foundational service that our customers take critical dependency on, Cloud Map must guarantee low latencies, world-class "five nines" of availability, and serve millions of transactions per second.
We're looking for someone who enjoys motivating and growing people. Executing through your team is the most important part of this role.
As a successful candidate, you understand software development. You've kept your technical skills current, to the point where you contribute to architecture discussions and help your team identify and reduce risks in projects. You regularly take part in troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues. AWS operates large-scale, mission critical workloads, so you must be comfortable taking responsibility for the operational excellence of your service.
Finally, you're excited by the opportunity to learn about and help solve our customers' challenges. In order to break new ground, we'll need to resolve ambiguity and take calculated risks You have a record of delivery and are comfortable managing not only your own roadmap, but also projects involving multiple team across AWS. You can organize disparate teams around a common goal. You know how to make data-driven decisions about your operations, your processes, and your team's performance.
To learn more about AWS Cloud Map, visit https://aws.amazon.com/cloud-map/.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent skills and knowledge
• At least five years' experience designing, building, shipping, and maintaining production software as an engineer
• At least two years' experience as an engineering manager
• Demonstrated success delivering multi-person technical projects
• Demonstrated experience communicating status and forward-looking plans with transparency to stakeholders, including skip-level management
• Demonstrated ability to hire, enable, coach, and promote technical staffPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to communicate ideas effectively, to listen to others' ideas, and to collaborate to arrive at great solutions, including effective written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience employing Agile development practices such as Scrum and Kanban
• Ability to audit and provide constructive feedback on technical designs, code, project plans, and project execution
• Experience building production distributed systems, as an engineer or manager
Software and Programming