Join Zetron as a Software Engineer, working on mission-critical dispatch systems and enhancing high-value software iteratively! THE POWER TO RESPOND AND BE HEARD:
Our Victoria, British Columbia office has been a center of engineering excellence since its founding in 1938. For over 80 years, we have been a trusted provider of LMR communications products and solutions that help our customers protect, inform, and save lives. Now we are applying those standards of excellence to build and deliver interoperable end-to-end command & control systems across multiple industries and international markets.
Headquartered in Redmond, WA, USA, with centers of engineering excellence in Victoria, BC, Canada, and Brisbane, QLD, Australia, Zetron currently has over 40,000 console positions, hundreds of established partners and value-added resellers, and coverage in more than 100 countries. Zetron is an established global leader in connecting communications centers with field operations, personnel, and constituents. THE ROLE:
Our critical communications systems are developed in-house, including hardware, firmware, software, and user interface layers. The software stack primarily consists of C#, C/C++, Python, and WFP running in an windows environment and on a embedded Linux platform.
As a Software Engineer at Zetron, you will be an important team member working on our industry leading dispatch system for first responders, and contributing to the on-going improvement and development of new and existing products. We are looking for people who want to work collaboratively with a team on mission-critical software to deliver high-value changes in an iterative fashion. WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
Bonus Points if you have any of the following:
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent education, or experience in a relevant field
- 2-5 years professional experience working on the networked applications
- Experience programming in C#
- Experience working with Windows and Linux environments
- Experience designing for redundancy in a safety environment
- Experience working with or developing automated testing for applications
- Experience working with streaming or in a real time environment
- Experience with Digital Signal Processing
- Strong knowledge networking principles and appliances
- Some experience working with embedded Linux devices.
- Ability to contribute to requirements analysis and systems architecture design
- Familiarity with IDE's, version control systems, build and configuration management, and other development tools
Previous experience with:
- C/C++, WPF, Message Queuing, IDL.
- Virtualization, containerization, or embedded systems design
- Scrum or Agile development context
- Azure DevOps
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
- Public safety sector standards (911, Fire Alerting, RF)
BENEFITS AND CULTURE:
- You are tenacious and love continuous improvement, with proven success at digging deep to find solutions to tough problems
- You have an eye towards optimizing performance and improving product quality
- You enjoy learning and sharing ideas with other like-minded folks and mentoring new engineers
- You are a quick study who can understand and explain complex systems
- You care about the products you develop and are committed to a high standard of quality and long-term code quality
At Zetron, we know that a compensation package doesn't just stop at your salary. Our culture encompasses high performing people who work hard but also enjoy each other's company and love sharing ideas. We are located near beautiful downtown Victoria in the newly restored Press Building with modern office space built for collaboration!
As a full-time employee, you will have access to a variety of benefits including:
APPLY NOW Images Additional Info
- Competitive benefits package
- Healthcare & Wellness Spending Account
- Company matched retirement savings program
- Short-term incentive plan
- Training budget for continuous improvement of your skills
Job Type : Full-Time
Location : Victoria, BC
Experience Level : Intermediate Level
Software and Programming