Please review the job details below.
MDA is a leading provider of large, complex surveillance and intelligence solutions for government and commercial customers around the world. Our mission-critical solutions provide the high-quality information needed to support decision making processes in environments where quality, performance, availability, responsiveness and value intersect. Working in multidisciplinary teams, we deliver ship and naval electronics solutions that support critical aspects of modern naval operations, from combat systems and ship sensors to wide-area surveillance and vessel tracking and identification solutions that support integrated Command and Control and C4ISR systems. We are seeking staff to define and deliver the next generation of ship and naval electronic systems solutions. Come be a part of the team that supports deployed missions across the globe and ensures the next generation of naval personnel are operationally ready.Summary:
As an intermediate Software Engineer, you will be part of a project team responsible for the development and delivery of the Laser Warning and Countermeasure system for the Canadian Surface Combatant (CSC) program to Canada's Department of National Defense (DND). You will participate in the full development life cycle using a diverse mix of technologies, including real-time operating systems such as VxWorks, to build a real-time system hosted in a rugged, compact high-performance hardware platform.Responsibilities:
- Successful candidates would join our team as a software engineer and can expect to:
- Learn - while you leverage your past work experience, we will teach you about the unique challenges of the maritime domain and our customers.
- Work - you will join a team within the Defense solutions group. Your team leader will be your guide and challenge you with project-based work that is best suited to your skills and experience.
- Grow - your talents will be rewarded with opportunities for career and personal growth in an organization dedicated to success in a team environment.
- Creating engineering solutions that are technically competitive, cost-effective and have a direct impact on our customers
- Working from requirements to develop or modify complex hardware/software systems
- Planning work, providing effort estimates, driving your work to completion - on time & on budget
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging and documenting high-quality software components
- Working with the team to complete the integration, testing and deployment of the software components into the full system
- Assisting in troubleshooting problems at both the software and the system level
- Following established development processes and corporate technical and quality standards
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or equivalent
- C++ design and development experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of Unix OS, MS Window tools and software CM process is desirable
- A strong algorithm and math background is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player
Due to various program security restrictions, Canadian citizenship plus 5 years residency is required for these positions. Must be capable of receiving a Secret Security Clearance.Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
MDA provides competitive compensation and benefits packages for its employees at its many locations. As a member of the MDA team, you and your qualified dependents are eligible to participate in a benefit plan that ensures a comprehensive level of protection for employees and their families through health care plans, disability income protection, life insurance, and other employee benefits. The Company's retirement plans encourage employees to save for their future with a Company matching contribution in many locations.