Requisition ID: 143606
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
At Scotia Digital, we design and build digital capabilities to promote the financial wellbeing of our customers. Reinventing customer experience starts here - and it starts with you.
CCAU DF team is currently looking for back-end developer who can help code for API and microservices layer using Node Js (preferably Express Js). Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Where could you work? Both at home and in the office.
- Perform development activities as a member of the scrum team, planning and executing to meet sprint objectives as well as program/project milestones.
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Collaborate with the Scrum team to plan milestones, successfully execute software delivery, and escalate issues as needed.
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champion a high-performance environment and contribute to an inclusive work environment.
We're working towards a future that is digital by default and creating a local Hub in Vancouver.
This hybrid role offers the opportunity both to work remotely and head to the Hub to collaborate in person, co-creating a cohesive and inclusive culture with your Vancouver team. Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?We'd love to work with you if you have:
What's in it for you?
- Experience working with authenticated, customer focused applications.
- Experience with NodeJS framework, preferably ExpressJS.
- Experience with Sinon (Mocking, Stubs), and Redis.
- Experience working with json-web-token authorization.
- Experience working with database technology such as Sybase.
- Experience in working with scalable containerized systems in public cloud (Azure).
- Strong experience with APM tools, such as Dynatrace, Splunk, etc.
- Have a proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Comfortable using tools such as Jira, Confluence, Jenkins, Bitbucket, etc.
- Knowledge in Object Oriented and Functional Design.
- Used modern JS toolsets (ES6+, Webpack, Babel, Jest, Protractor).
- Worked on productionizing NodeJS servers.
- Deep knowledge of Agile principles, and the flexibility to adapt your experience to new and evolving environments.
- Excellent communication, including ability to distil technical details into human terms.
- Prior FI / Banking experience preferred.
- Prior work experience with Scotiabank, preferably working in other teams within Scotia Digital.
- Hit the ground running.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal), Interacting with Product, Design, Front-end and Back-end Teams.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity and curiosity and celebrates success
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create meaningful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package, including a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), and generous vacation.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Developer, Bank, Banking, Database, Software Engineer, Technology, Finance, Engineering
Banking, Finance and Insurance Information Technology