Plenty of Fish is looking for a Full Stack Developer to fulfill a 6 month contract. In this position, you will be working in a cross functional team responsible for matching algorithms and messaging services. We are shifting to an Event Driven Microservice Architecture and the services you build and support will be utilized with millions of requests a day.
So, what will you do?
- Build high performance, high availability applications using Event Driven Microservice architecture.
- Provide analysis, recommendations and solutions to improve performance, security, and scalability of software and services.
- Build tools and automation to enhance serviceability and observability of our applications and services.
- Share! We have a highly collaborative environment and we want you to share your expertise.
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- 3+ years of professional development experience using .NET and .NET Core with C#.
- You have a good understanding and ideally some hands-on experience building microservices with a message queue.
- You have experience with building Restful APIs
- You have experience with secure and high volume, large-scale environments
- You have database development experience, we use Postgres, MS SQL and Redis.
- You write clean modular code and love writing unit tests and integration tests to test your own code.
- Experience with Cloud and Container technologies.
- Experience in social networking, dating, or other subscription-based business is a plus
- Knowledge of Kafka
Why Plenty of Fish?
At Plenty of Fish, our vision is to create the most dates for our users around the world.
We’re one of the top revenue-driving brands in the Match Group (comprised of Tinder, OkCupid, Hinge, Match.com
), and we still remain a small close-knit team based in downtown Vancouver.
If you’re keen on solving complex problems at scale, you want to work in collaborative cross-functional squads, and you value autonomy and accountability, we should talk.
Be Proud - It's OUR sh*p. Own it! We see challenges as opportunities and take action.
Make Waves - We profoundly impact millions of peoples' lives, every day.
Dive Deep - We empathize with our members and use data to surface smart decisions.
Crew Together - We love what we do, have fun, and are free to be ourselves.
Software and Programming Engineering