This position is listing in Vernon, British Columbia Canada. The individual is an intermediate to senior software developer who works on a range of software development projects focused on connected product solutions within the "Internet of Things" (IoT) domain. The individual may also lead software development projects and mentor junior developers.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Works on assigned projects where the objectives may only be defined at a high level and where many components have no prior art.
- Innovates, conceptualizes, plans, designs, analyzes and tests software focused on mobile and web IoT solutions for a multitude of products offered throughout Watts Water Technologies
- Creates scalable, distributed services that run in residential and commercial and hybrid cloud infrastructures to optimize our product lines within the corporate IoT initiative
- Designs and develops user interfaces with standardization and consistency over a range of product offerings
- Defines software specifications by analyzing user requirements for system features and functionality
- Creates software development process documentation to include architectural requirements, design, interface specifications and verification steps
• Tests and debugs embedded and other software programs using but not limited to:
- Unit testing
- Manual black box testing
- Manual white box testing
- Automated testing methods and scripts
- System simulation tools
Designs and codes software using but not limited to:
- Multiple programming languages
- IDE's focused on mobile/web application development
- Integration of third party and open source software
- Creates and maintains programming and engineering details including project software specifications and project plans.
- Works closely with embedded software and hardware engineers, IT professionals and product management to develop integrated IoT solutions.
- Compiles and analyzes data; prepares information reports. Provides input into technical decisions.
- Provides project leadership within scope of position and accountabilities.
- May include up to 10% travel
*Other duties as required
EMPLOYEE CORE COMPETENCIES:
We are committed to attracting and managing the best talent globally. We seek to attract and promote employees who demonstrate an ability and willingness to:
1. Collaborate Across Workgroups
2. Communicate Effectively
3. Initiate Positive Change
4. Drive for Results
5. Deliver High Quality Work
6. Provide Technical Expertise
• Engineering or Computer Science or Computer Engineering Bachelor's Degree, or related discipline.
• Minimum of 7 years of experience in commercial software development. including commercial/enterprise software development and deploying IoT systems:
- Experience developing cloud-based systems, with emphasis on the Internet of Things. Experience with Microsoft Azure considered a strong asset.
- Experience with server/database architecture
- Experience with network/device communication protocols
No direct reports.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Solid understanding of internet infrastructure and network programming
- Working knowledge of management tools such as SharePoint, Jira and MS Project.
- Solid understanding of software development fundamentals including contemporary tools used for revision control, configuration management, continuous integration, automated testing, etc.
- Strong conceptual and visionary thinking
- Ability to stay organized in a dynamic working environment
- Passionate about learning new technologies and creating innovation solutions
- Strong communication, both written and oral, and the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of peers and audiences.
- Actively collaborates with engineers and peer teams, voluntarily shares information
- Ability to work effectively in a research environment using critical thinking skills and be decisive while working cooperatively with others
- Self-directed and able to troubleshoot and solve problems independently as well as on a team
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Data and network security
- Data mining, machine learning and analytics
- Wireless networking
- Web/mobile UI/UX design
How to Apply
- Works in an office/laboratory environment.
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing and office areas.
- Alternates between sitting, standing, lifting of items and moving within the work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks.
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and presentation/communications skills.
Interested applicants should apply through our Company Job Portal: Wattswater.com/Careers/Vernon BC Canada
or Submit a detailed cover letter and resume attention to: S. Paradoski, Human Resources Manager
Posted: December 24, 2018
Closes: February 22, 2019