We're looking for Back-end and Front-end Engineering Co-op Students / Interns to join us in May 2019 for a 4 month work term, with opportunity for extension. You will help us create polished and delightful interactions for our products, all while learning from some of the industry's best. Every member of our team shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision. This position is based out of our Vancouver office.
We value that each candidate brings their own unique mix of skill and experience. We set a high bar for our team members, while ensuring they have the support and guidance not just to succeed, but to excel.A Little Bit About Us:
CryptoKitties are collectible digital art forms created in the popular blockchain game of the same name. Each CryptoKitty is a unique digital asset, or non-fungible token (NFT), created, managed, and traded through blockchain programs known as smart contracts. Over one-million CryptoKitties have been created by players in a breeding game that lets players mix and match their favorite genes to discover "meowtations," find limited-edition "Fancy Cats" hidden throughout the genome, and design furever friends they can keep as momentos or sell on an open marketplace.
The CryptoKitties smart contracts are the world's most popular outside of exchanges, with over 3.8-million transactions recorded to date, representing tens of millions of dollars exchanged on the marketplace. The project was initially developed at Axiom Zen before spinning out into its own independent company, Dapper Labs, in conjunction with a Series A financing led by Andreessen Horowitz and Union Square Ventures. The cultural phenomenon has been featured by The Wall Street Journal , the BBC , The New York Times , Bloomberg , and VICE .The opportunity:
Our ideal candidate:
- You'll get the chance to work with emerging technologies such as blockchain and learn best practices from some of the world's top software engineers.
- Our engineering team thrives on solving user problems with the latest tools and techniques ( some of which we've built ourselves!). Axioms hail from startups and tech leaders like Google, Apple, Baidu, EA, and Microsoft.
- Cutting-edge technology: We use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques to build our own semantic analysis technology that helped the Timeline team put news in context.
- Amazing benefits! We want Axioms to be happy and thriving, and that's why we offer a competitive salary, unlimited vacation, holistic initiatives, active speakers budget… and more !
More about CryptoKitties:
- Show us some of the projects you've worked on - we're serious about this, and we'll look for sample projects in your application.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies.
- Familiarity with blockchain.
- Interest or knowledge of UX and UI design principles.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the latest technologies and you get excited about pushing the boundaries of what's possible on the web, mobile, and other emerging platforms.
- A completed or nearly completed BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent experience.
At CryptoKitties we recruit the best and foster an environment that enables our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
We offer compensation commensurate with the high level of talent we seek, extensive benefits, and flexible time off policy.