Contract Python developer role with a global enterprise organization with full remote work available.
What & Why:
- Contract Python/AWS developer role
- Growing team investing heavily in technology
- Full remote work
As a result of large-scale growth and investment in technology our global retail client is looking to add multiple contract cloud developer roles to their team. This team delivers mobile solutions that their in-store staff use on a daily basis to engage with their guests. Ideally you have 3+ years of experience developing in Python and 3+ years of experience with AWS, familiarity with CI/CD is seen as an asset! This team delivers in a highly agile method and is product based, you will be working on a cross functional team working closely with BA, Product Owners, PM and QA folks. This team is growing rapidly and has long term growth potential.
This client has a global presence and is one of the most recognizable Canadian brands. They are well known for their corporate culture and won major awards for their accomplishments in 2020. 2021 remained a very strong year for them which included a major strategic acquisition. 2022 has them investing majorly in bleeding edge technology as they continue to be a global leader in retail technology. They have an all-star leadership team who keeps you accountable and provides support while still affording you tremendous autonomy. They are located close to rapid transit in newly renovated offices in downtown Vancouver and have full remote on-boarding capability during Covid19 with remote work available for the duration of the contract.
You will bring the following education, skills and experience to the role:
- You demonstrate excellent development skills with the following technologies: AWS with Terraform, Serverless, Python, SQL, REST API, PostgreSQL, FIQL
- Minimum of 3 years working on AWS platform
- Experienced with writing and maintaining unit tests, continuous integration, and automation
- Experience working with REST APIs and integrating 3rd party systems.
- Experience working on retail ecommerce projects is a plus
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar discipline, or equivalent work experience
If the sound of this opportunity excites you, and you’re confident that it’s a good fit for your experience and career goals, then we’d love to hear from you! Please send your updated resume to us by applying to this posting and one of our awesome team of recruiters will be in touch.