Interested in making an impact on the Machine Learning and AI ecosystem? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced software development engineers to build and enhance our flagship product, SageMaker Studio. SageMaker Studio is the first fully integrated development environment tailored for machine learning, and is growing rapidly to be the tool of choice for machine learning scientists and practitioners all around the world. It's our end-user-focused single-pane-of-glass for interfacing with SageMaker and a plethora of ML technologies.
As an SDE on the Amazon SageMaker Studio Notebooks team, you'll own the Notebook authoring and data scientist IDE experience for AWS ML. Your team's mission is to provide a highly scalable and collaborative data science workbench where any data scientist, developer, or student can launch a wholly configured and collaborative workspace in the cloud.
Engineers on this team get to be very close to end customers by developing/combining open source software and examples to make a compelling customer experience. You will operate mission critical services and learn the rigors of an AWS service. You'll be well supported by a group with deep technical chops, including multiple senior and principal engineers. Come join us and help shape the future of machine learning tooling!
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proficiency in Python, Java or Go.
• Machine learning knowledge and experience.
• Active engagement with an open source community.
• Experience building tools for data scientists and developers.
• Experience with notebook software (Jupyter, nteract, etc).
• (Optional) Frontend development experience with React, TypeScript for web-based IDE innovation.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep hands-on technical expertise in: large scale systems engineering and/or full-stack development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming