Amazon API Gateway, an AWS service, is rapidly changing how every company, from 2-person startups to the largest of the Fortune 100, think about building and delivering serverless and traditional applications in the cloud. API Gateway is the front-door of the Serverless revolution, an approach that lets customers turn business logic and application code into scalable, fault-tolerant production systems without requiring every developer to become an expert in distributed systems, deployment technologies, and infrastructure management. API Gateway turns daunting tasks such as traffic management, authentication, and authorization, monitoring and API versioning into easily configurable steps. It then helps companies to build their developer eco-systems and turns their data sets and business logic into new revenue streams.
The API Gateway team is starting up a new team in Vancouver, Canada that will improve our API Management solutions. If you are excited about cloud computing and building highly available and large-scale services used by millions of users, then join us in making the Serverless revolution ubiquitous. This is an opportunity to get on the ground floor in shaping the future of our API management solution that will have impact within API Gateway and beyond.
We're looking for an engineer who has a strong sense of ownership and drive. You are one who to thrives when faced with ambiguous problems and are able to devise unique solutions for them from design to production. You bring a balance of excellence, bias for action, and deliver results. All of that while guiding and mentoring others along the way as you help shape the future of API management.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field.
• 4+ years professional experience in software development.
• Proficiency in Java or other OOP languages such as Rust, C#, Python, Ruby, C++ or even Erlang.
• Experience in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithms, and problem solving.
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant distributed systems.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience developing and maintaining API's
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale distributed systems.
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale customer facing systems.
• Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software development practices and design reviews.
• Experience with operation of production systems
Software and Programming