Zappos' Digital Customer Experience team is looking for a Software Development Manager to lead a team of software developers to build exciting experiences for our customers that differentiate us in the eCommerce space. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, understands the cloud commerce space, and will help us scale our business and delight our customers. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
The Software Development Manager will provide technical leadership and management for a development team. This hands-on position requires broad engineering competence and in-depth technical knowledge of software development, as well as demonstrated experience successfully planning, organizing, and conducting software development projects in a dynamic environment.
As a Software Development Manager, you will work closely with our engineering, merchandising, marketing, finance, customer service teams (and more) to lead the development and deployment of technical solutions that help the business more effectively and efficiently engage customers and increase sales volume.
This is an opportunity to be a part of something different. To go bold. We're a team that isn't afraid to take risks and question the status quo. Oh yeah, we like to have fun too. If this sounds like you, apply today!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 2+ years people management experience and building high performing teams
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
• Strong verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Extensive hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
• Strong focus on customers and operational excellence.
• Passion for operational support, with experience in establishing, measuring, and meeting service level agreements, improving the availability, performance, and quality of systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming