Are you looking for a high impact software development role that will significantly lift Amazon's profitability? Does driving hundreds of millions of dollars in additional profits interest you? Are you comfortable presenting your ideas to Amazon's senior leaders? If yes, then we want to talk with you.
The organization: Every year Amazon enters into hundreds of thousands of agreements with our vendors worldwide, that enable vendors to offset costs associated with their products. These agreements contain complex terms that determine how much funding the vendors will provide Amazon and directly lead to tens of billions of dollars each year, ensuring profitability of Amazon Retail. The Vendor Funding organization is comprised of software teams that own the agreement system, the booking, calculation, and billing of those terms.
The role: We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Software Development Manager to join our team and help invent the future. The successful candidate will own the entire vendor facing experience of Vendor Funding, while setting up a new team as well. The problems in this space span every single Retail business within Amazon across every single marketplace that we operate in. You will be responsible for services that can be deployed globally, delivering an exceptional customer experience, provide thought leadership in a fast-paced development environment, and partner with product management and senior leaders to ensure the success of this program.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience, with 3+ years experience managing software development team
• 7+ years of software development experience
• Proven track record building and managing software engineering teams
• Experience leading the delivery of large-scale systems
• Experience with big data, cloud computing, or large-scale distributed systems for commercial online services that require high availability and performance
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including non-technicalPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong people management skills
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Deep understanding of distributed and service-oriented architectures; delivered large scale commercial enterprise software systems or online services
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Software and Programming