Amazon Payments Services build systems that process payments at an unprecedented scale, with accuracy, speed, and mission-critical availability. We process millions of transactions every day worldwide across various payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send hundreds of billions of dollars moving at light-speed through our systems annually. We are starting a new team to innovate and provide a seamless payment experience to our customers across all platforms like mobile, web, voice etc.
As a software development manager, you will:
• Lead a team delivering the next generation of Amazon's secure payments services, built fully in the AWS Cloud.
• Work closely with software developers and security engineers to architect and build cutting-edge security features and multi-tier distributed services.
• Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly strategy and roadmaps for the team based on project priorities and project benefit.
• Work with Product and Program Managers to develop and evolve the vision and strategy for the team.
• Use Agile principles to run the development lifecycle for team's applications and services.
• Manage, execute and communicate project plans and delivery commitments.
• Hire, mentor, develop and maintain a best-of-class software development team.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software.
• 3+ years experience managing software engineers (including hiring, performance evaluations, etc.).
• Experience delivering software services in the Cloud
• Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, Python, or C#
• Knowledge of OO and Service Oriented Architectures.
• Have an interest in information security and a passion for building secure systems
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• A history of working in demanding, fast paced environments.
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale.
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
• Experience delivering software services utilizing AWS.
• Interest in information security and a passion for building secure systems.
Software and Programming