Amazon Business Payments team is responsible for developing the Services and applications used to introduce new and innovative payment methods to customers as well as support Amazon's global co-brand and private label credit cards along with the world's largest rewards catalog, Shop with Points. The technology we build and operate varies widely, ranging from large scale Distributed Engineering incorporating the latest from Machine Learning in the Big Data space to customer and mobile friendly User Experiences. We are an Agile team, moving quickly in collaboration with our business to bring new features to Amazon Business customers while having fun and bring new inventions along the way. If you can think big and want to join a fast moving team breaking new ground at Amazon we would like to speak with you.
As a part of this role you will:
-Build and manage a team of Software Engineers.
-Foster career growth and a strong team culture.
-Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach technical staff.
-Interface with our product team to understand requirements, set priorities and communicate direction and progress.
-Manage Agile development process and methodology to deliver incremental value to customers.
-Help develop long-term business technology strategies for Amazon Business PaymentsBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 5+ years of Software Development experience; 2+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Software development experience in Linux, Java, RDBMS, building web services and highly scalable applications
• Managed a team of 6+ engineersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Big-data technologies and ML algorithms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Spring and databases (relational and/or NoSQL)
• Proficient in writing code in a high volume, service based architecture
• Experience with continuous delivery
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.