Software Development Manager, Selling Partner Services, Developer Appstore
Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com with more than 50% of all items currently sold originating from third-party sellers. Our team is responsible for the development of next generation solutions that enable Amazon and Third-Party developers worldwide to innovate, develop and distribute applications used by millions of sellers around the world to run their business on Amazon's Marketplaces. We are developing and operating distributed systems at unprecedented scale leveraging AWS technologies to deploy high-quality solutions into a cloud based architecture.
We are looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to lead our team. Our team is developing the backend and infrastructure for the Marketplace Appstore, the Selling Partner-facing apps discovery site. By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to participate in the design and implementation of an exciting greenfield project and overcome complex technical, business and customer experience challenges at scale. You will interface with developers to understand requirements, priorities, and processes and hire, coach, and mentor individuals. You will work in a fast-paced environment and take on unique challenges that will have a highly visible impact on our growing business.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 5 years of experience in managing Software Engineering teams
• 5 years of experience driving new feature prioritization, development, and delivery.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong business and technical vision with hands-on technical expertise.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in operating large scale services.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and demonstrate strong, autonomous ownership of your space
• Ability to create and execute on tactical plans to meet strategic objectives.
• Ability to provide operational support and passion, with experience in establishing, measuring, and meeting service level agreements, improving the availability, performance, and quality of systems
• Experience dealing with a varied set of customers across the world would be a plus
• Analytical mind that thrives in a data-driven environment
Software and Programming