Are you looking for the opportunity to define the architecture and technical direction of a critical component of Amazon RDS? Want to disrupt an industry by delighting customers? Do you like to work in Analytics and Machine Learning domain? Come be a leader on a team that is building a product that will touch millions of people daily.
Amazon RDS Performance Insights is a database performance tuning and monitoring feature that helps you quickly assess the load on your database, and determine when and where to act. Performance Insights allows every day developers to detect performance problems with an easy-to-understand dashboard that visualizes database load. Performance Insights uses lightweight data collection methods that don't impact the performance of your applications, and makes it easy to see which SQL statements are causing the load, and why. It requires no configuration or maintenance.
We are looking for a seasoned and talented software engineering manager to drive the product and technical vision for RDS Performance Insights. You will work closely with Product Managers, Data Science team to build next generation of Performance monitoring and proactive tuning solution for RDS database instances.
Help us revolutionize the fastest growing division within Amazon.
Amazon Relational Database Service (Amazon RDS) makes it easy to set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. More information on Amazon RDS is available at http://.amazon.com/rds.
You have a passion for software development and are ready to help guide a new team through building a platform that will be the underpinning for running large number of compute nodes across multiple data centers. You can explain why various patterns are both awesome and constraining, you've seen production code fail (and fixed) in spectacular ways - and learned from it. You've understood that being passionate about an idea is different than taking it personally and believe that debate makes strong ideas stronger.
You've written and released lots of software, shipped products and contributed to platforms, tools and modules. Having worked with several frameworks, designs and scaling models you understand the challenges involved with building big, systems used by thousands of people every day - and relish them. You love to learn new things and grow.
What You'll Do
• Effectively mentor and manage a team of software developers including their projects and performance
• Deliver project roadmap on-time, communicating clearly with team, management and stakeholders
• Work with other managers and team members to estimate effort and document scope
• Contribute to and lead, architecture, process and development discussions
• Distill and communicate technical concepts to the team and other stakeholders
• Argue for the right outcomes with data, conviction and diplomacyBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Basic Qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, Masters or PhD preferred.
• At least 2 years of experience managing software engineering teams
• Experience with more than one of , C/, other object oriented programming languages
• Experience in using at least one relational engine
• Strong understanding of computing, programming, -oriented patterns, and their best practices
• Hands on experience with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent organizational, prioritization and time management skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience in designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant systems
• Hands on experience building web platforms and services
• Expertise in SQL/ databases
• Expertise and interest in analytics and Machine learning.
Software and Programming