Alexa is Amazon's cloud-based voice service that powers the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show and more. Just ask Alexa music, news, weather, kitchen recipe and more. It's still Day One for Alexa - we have a lot to innovate and build. We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us! We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to define the future, make Alexa even more useful, and delight customers around the world.
We are seeking a Software Development Manager (SDM) to join our team in Alexa to build and deliver a brand new product in Alexa. This is a critical role to design and deliver the product in a complex space spanning global services, hundreds of devices, dozens of features, and both graphic and voice-based user interfaces.
This role requires working closely with business, product, engineering and NLU Science leaders within Alexa and across Amazon. You will lead high visibility and high impact systems, collaborate with various teams across Amazon, and own regular communication with senior leadership. The successful candidate will be an expert in balancing the near-term demands of our business with long-term investment in frameworks and tooling, requiring backbone and strategic planning to build toward the long-term while delivering results in the short term. we're looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make historyBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience programming with an enterprise object-oriented language such as Java, C++ or C#
• Experience with software development principles and application of clear methodology in SDLCPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS, Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, etc.
• Experience with statistical or machine learning modeling is a plus
• Experience building customer and developer facing products and services
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Ability to work in a dynamic fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to employment equity. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce that reflects Canada is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills and value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
Software and Programming