Are you interested in being part of a fast-paced technology team driving innovative payments to consumers around the world? Amazon Payment Products team builds systems that support payment products across the globe, and we are growing at unprecedented scale. The products include: Amazon Co-Branded Credit Cards, Private Labeled Credit Cards, Non-Amazon Branded Credit Cards, Shop with Points, Currency Converter and much more. Our team is well funded, and drives substantial GMS for the Amazon business.
We are looking for a strong engineering leader to drive key verticals of the North America Payment Products team (More specifically - US Private Label Credit Card), drive its technical vision, and grow a team of talented engineers responsible for its delivery. You will help influence the team's technical and business strategy by driving system architecture, making insightful contributions to priorities and approaches, setting the standard for engineering excellence, taking the lead in identifying and solving ambiguous technical problems and architecture deficiencies. You will partner with peers across the Amazon Payments organization to drive innovation and eliminate bottlenecks. You'll also lead design reviews for the organization, actively participate in design and program reviews and actively mentor other engineers.
Join us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
• 5+ years of Software Development experience; 2+ years of experience in building and leading strong engineering teams
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Software development experience in Linux, Java, RDBMS, building web services and highly scalable applications
• Managed a team of 6+ engineersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Big-data technologies and ML algorithms
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience with Spring and databases (relational and/or NoSQL)
• Proficient in writing code in a high volume, service based architecture
• Experience with continuous delivery
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Software and Programming