Do you want to create the experiences that empower customers to build serverless applications?
We are the Serverless Application Experience team. We own the developer experience that helps customers who want to build, operate, and govern serverless applications that span across multiple AWS services. We ensure customers have a great multi-service experience.
Customers are excited by the vision of serverless: the ability to quickly deliver applications by writing new business logic without needing to become experts in distributed computing and cloud operations. Compared to traditional architectures, customers increasingly build applications using a collection of services, delivering new applications by writing small amounts of business logic connected to other services. This new development approach can be a challenge. Serverless applications are made up of many more parts than traditional applications, and those components and services need to be modeled and managed with tools, CI/CD pipelines, and workflows. We believe this challenge of helping customers "cross the chasm" into serverless development is another opportunity to delight our customers and make them even more successful. We own the end-to-end experience, working across multiple services, for customers who want to build, operate, and govern serverless applications. We work closely with the individual service experience teams to deliver simple, powerful, and reliable tools to help customers get to production as quickly as possible. In other words, while each service (Lambda, API Gateway, EventBridge, SQS, etc.) will continue to develop their individual developer experience, this team will ensure customers have a great multi-service experience.
We seek a leader to build a new high performing team for our Serverless Application Experience. You will thoughtfully hire, retain, and grow engineers. You will focus on the career growth of your team in order to develop our future technical leaders. You will own the delivery of new products and features that delight our customers. You will lead through others and collaborate with partner teams such as PM and UX. You will build a strong team culture that keeps a high technical bar to ensure we make the right technical trade-offs and maintain operational excellence.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• Led a team of software engineers (front-end or backend) for 3+ yearsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Built high performing teams with demonstrated focus on the career development of others
• Built a strong engineering culture of best practices and operational excellence
• Led the definition, development, and maintenance of software (front-end, back-end, multi-tier web services, or client side) for 5+ years
• Developed successful open source, community driven developer tools
• Built scalable front-end infrastructure software or distributed systems for high-traffic enterprise software and/or web applications in a 24x7 production environment
• Understands popular open source frameworks used for web and distributed systems development like Spring and Express
• Results oriented, strong ownership, collaborative, inclusive with the ability to successfully deliver on multiple priorities
• Growth mindset - takes feedback well
• Works well across organizational boundaries, bringing together people with diverse perspectives and experience to find solutions.
Software and Programming