We are looking for an experienced software development manager who is interested in building the next generation of online payment system that supports numerous countries and payment methods with high bar for availability and security.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering some of our most strategic technical projects, deliver large scale systems, design new software systems at the cutting edge of distributed storage and database technologies and have a significant revenue growth and bottom-line impact on our business and competitive position.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be part of the larger technical leadership community at Amazon. This community forms the backbone of the company, plays a critical role in the broad business planning, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements, influences our long-term technical and business strategy, helps us hire talented team of engineers and ultimately enables us to deliver innovative new solutions rapidly.
• Work closely with software developers and managers to architect and develop the best technical designs, architectures and implementations.
• Develop monthly, quarterly and yearly strategy and roadmaps for the team based on project priorities and project benefit.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Work with Product and Program Managers to develop and evolve the vision and strategy for the team.
• Use Agile principles to run the development lifecycle for team's applications and services.
• Manage, execute and communicate project plans and delivery commitments.
• Hire, mentor, develop and maintain a best-of-class software development teams.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering software.
• 2-4 years experience as a People Manager in a software development organization.
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C++ or Java, OO and Service Oriented Architecture.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
• Experience in Payments domain
Software and Programming