Software Development Manager (SDM) - Amazon Web Services - Vancouver, BC
Helping customers plan their migrations is a top priority for Amazon Web Services (AWS). TSO Logic was acquired by AWS last year and is revolutionizing the way customers analyze and plan for cloud migration through business case creation and workload analysis.
Our mission is help customers around the globe realize the value of migration to AWS by making it easy for them to quickly identify and move workloads from on-premises to AWS in the most cost-effective way possible.
As a Software Development Manager you will to lead, develop and grow a team of talented engineers, ensuring we deliver high-quality software that exceeds customer expectations while maintaining the operational excellence of the services you will own. This is a unique opportunity to join an early stage, newly acquired AWS service team who is in build mode.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires and develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks big
Come join a fast moving, innovative team that's obsessed with serving its customers.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science,or related technical discipline
• 10+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of experience building and managing software development teams
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languages (either of: Java, C++ or C#)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skillsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• A deep understanding of Agile processes and software development team dynamics
• An ability to lead engineering efforts to meet timelines with optimal solutions
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Software and Programming