The AWS Commerce Platform Financial Experience team is seeking talented and passionate engineers with strong technical and business backgrounds to build a novel payment service infrastructure. The system will enable customer facing features that are critical to the success of our business and directly impact the expansion of AWS.
Cloud computing services are in the process of disrupting the world's financial paradigms. The convergence of technology and finance enable the modernization of payment systems. This offers exciting and unique opportunities to redefine the way consumers purchase goods and services. Every business has a need to receive payment from their customers, and most businesses don't have the expertise or capital to own and operate a global payments platform. Our teams provide customers with a world class experience around managing, paying and reporting on customer's payments. You will have the opportunity to influence hundreds of millions of customers globally, creating products used by thousands of companies worldwide.
You will manage a team of high performing engineers, interfacing with many teams both internal and external to AWS. You will be responsible for the timely and successful delivery of backend services, which will offer additional customer features and enhancements. You will ensure the proper career growth of the individuals that report to you. More specifically, you will:
• Interface with customers and product managers to extract requirements and convert into software.
• Hire, train and mentor your team to achieve company and career goals and objectives.
• Own your roadmap, make decisions and trade-offs which maximize the potential of your team.
• Utilize AWS products to rapidly build and simplify our service stack. Examples include DynamoDB, Lambda, Elastic Compute Cloud, Simple Storage Service, Simple Notification Service and more.
• Influence long term vision, proposing opportunities for automation and simplification of architecture.
• Work closely with security teams in threat modeling and penetration testing to ensure the safety of our customer's data.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Degree in Computer Science, Compute Engineering or related field.
• 5+ years of relevant engineering experience.
• 3+ years of people management experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated technical leadership.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience building highly scalable and available services, utilizing cloud based technologies.
• Familiarity with payment infrastructure, card networks, and payment partner integration.
• Understanding of information security, privacy frameworks, and compliance requirements.
Software and Programming