Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you want to apply state-of-the-art computer technologies to solve real world problems? Do you want to affect not only internal users but Retail customers worldwide? In Retail Systems, you will pave the future of Amazon Retail, enhancing how we do business and our effectiveness as a player in the global e-commerce. Amazon has risen to the top of online retail, but there is still a lot of work to be done to remain competitive and find new opportunities.
The Automated Profitability Management (APM) team creates the systems to ensure that as APM increases selections at scale, it does so in a profitable way allowing Amazon to offer the most competitive prices. Given the rapid growth of our business we apply cutting edge technology to complex business problems. We are look for Software Development Manager to lead the technical direction of a customer focused, new international business initiative for Amazon. If you are excited by the opportunity to lead a high performing engineering team in the design and development of highly scalable services and systems, this may be the right career move for you.
As a Software Development Manager, you will:
• Own development of new products and services end-to-end
• Provide technical direction within your team
• Establish and execute short and long-term architectural roadmaps for the business
• Continue to innovate on the framework to support delivery programs worldwide
• Manage a development team focused on creating the complex back-end infrastructure and integrations
• Drive continual improvements to the efficiency and flexibility of the business platform while keeping an extremely high bar for customer trust, performance, and availability.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / AgeBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 4+ years professional experience in software development/management
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysisPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Strong analytical skills with passions on working with structural data sets
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Software and Programming