Digital Commerce team in Amazon.com is looking for a talented Software Development Manager with a strong technical background, solid people management skills, and an ability to build and manage relationships across teams. We take pride in having a self-starting, collaborative culture and seek team members that contribute to this environment with their style, experience and passion. This role requires close collaboration with business, product, and engineering teams within our team and across Amazon Digital businesses to deliver results. The successful candidate will be an expert in balancing the near-term demands of our business with long-term investment in frameworks and tooling, requiring backbone and strategic planning to opportunistically build toward the long-term while delivering results in the short term. We use data to develop engagement hypotheses, test these hypotheses with feature changes via experimentation, and use the results to build and iterate on new and existing features.
You will be leading a new team that is building next generation, highly scalable services using the AWS cloud, Java, and RESTful Web Services. Our services will be used by all Digital teams - Kindle, Amazon Video, Amazon Music, Appstore and more. Your work will be highly visible to Amazon customers and stakeholders across Digital teams.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor's degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• 5+ years professional experience in software development
• 3+ years professional experience in managing software development teams
• Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• A Master's Degree in Computer Science
• A history of working in startups and fast paced environments
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers at scale
• Knowledge of software engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and livesite operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch and SLA-driven operations of the project
• Experience in communicating with end users, technical & business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
• Experience using A/B testing to deliver products and features.
• A passion to use insights from data to improve products
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Software and Programming