Have you ever placed an order on Amazon.com? If the answer is yes (which we hope it is), then the chances are that your order went through our team's systems!
• Every single retail purchase placed on Amazon's retail websites uses our team's software
• Our systems process hundreds of millions of transactions per day
• Our team's work impact millions of customers all over the world
The Amazon Delivery Experience team is seeking passionate, results-oriented, inventive Software Development Manager to lead a team that powers the Delivery Experience on all of Amazon's Global retail websites and subsidiaries.
As a Software Development Manager, you will have technical ownership of software systems that power Amazon's Delivery Experience business and capabilities. You'll lead a talented and nimble team of engineers to create innovative ways to deliver products to customers when, where, and how they want it.
Responsibilities include direct management of 9+ engineers, process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software within the team, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The Delivery Experience business requires creative engineering balanced with high quality and customer focus.
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Hires and develops great people
• Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
• Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his team
• Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
• Strong results orientation
• Thinks bigBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 2+ years people management experiencePREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
• Experience with distributed computing systems
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements, underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Software and Programming