Software Development Manager
Reference ID: 654208
It's official: Amazon Aurora is the fastest growing service in the history of Amazon Web Services (AWS) to date. Want to learn how you can play a big role in the cloud revolution? Then read on.
Amazon Aurora is a distributed database service that's built for cloud scalability, durability, availability, and performance. With Aurora we aim to do nothing less than revolutionize the database business. Aurora builds on top of foundational AWS services such as EC2, S3 and DynamoDB to deliver a simple and cost effective database solution for customers worldwide.
We are looking for a highly skilled, experienced, and motivated engineering leader to solve the worlds database challenges at a massive scale. You will lead teams that design and deliver web service APIs around 'intelligent' distributed database systems with availability, reliability and performance guarantees to AWS customers. You will participate in product direction and road-map planning, project execution scheduling, and hiring engineers to develop cutting-edge database services. This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing service and help shape the technology, product and the business direction. A successful candidate will bring deep technical and leadership expertise, and ability to work within a fast-paced startup culture in a large company to deliver solid code that has a broad business impact.
To learn more about Amazon Aurora visit: https://aws.amazon.com/aurora/
• 15+ years of professional experience in software development
• 7+ years of experience managing an Agile team of 10+ software development engineers
• Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language, e.g. Java, C#, or C++
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or an equivalent in relevant work experience
• 5+ years experience leading multiple, interdisciplinary teams, including technical leads, software engineers, devops engineers, database engineers, and project managers.
• A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
• Experience with distributed databases and/or storage systems,
• Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Experience delivering cloud services will be a plus
Posted: January 19, 2019
Closes: March 20, 2019