Software Development Manager
Reference ID: 681980
Are you interested in building high-performance, globally scalable Financial systems that support Amazon's current and future growth? Are you seeking an environment where you can drive innovation leveraging the scalability and innovation with Amazon's AWS cloud services? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you.
Amazon Financial Technology Team is looking for a strong technical leader results-oriented, driven who can help us create the next generation of distributed, scalable financial systems. Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with big data, and enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts that are typically being defined in real-time. We need someone to design and develop services that facilitate global financial transactions worth billions (USD) annually.
As a Software Development Manager, you will lead a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a critical set of services. You will make analytical data-driven decisions, apply your strong technical ability to audit and design systems, manage engineering projects and evangelize your team's products and ideas. You will hire the best, mentor and develop your team. Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments. You will manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment. You will report on status of work, quality, and operations, and system performance to management. You will be responsible for both development and operations of the services.
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 5+ years of experience; or Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of experience.
• 3+ years of experience leading a software development team through multiple product/platform releases.
• 4+ years of experience making significant individual contribution to real-world software development.
• Demonstrated proficiency with an object-oriented programming language; strong object-oriented design and algorithmic analysis background.
• Track record of developing engineers through various career stages and building high-performance teams.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Experienced in using an iterative process such as SCRUM to deliver engineering projects; experience in continuous improvement to development process.
• Master's/PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field
• Experience building complex, high-performance, and highly-available distributed software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Software development background in object-oriented programming, distributed systems, web application development, Java, Linux/UNIX, AWS services, NoSQL Databases, Big Data solutions.
Posted: January 11, 2019
Closes: March 12, 2019