The Amazon Payments Platform processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars through our systems annually. We are re-inventing the vision of our platform to provide our internal clients such as Digital, Retail, AWS, B2B and others, the best payment gateway service, bench marked against the top external alternatives.
Come challenge yourself and learn from the best. Work with a world class team building market leading services of unprecedented scale.
We are seeking an experienced software development manager with a background in developing, delivering and supporting software services that provide simple solutions for a broad set problems. You have a strong technical ability, great communication skills, and know how to inspire your team to achieve outstanding results in a fast paced environment. You have a track record of building and leading strong teams of talented engineers and you enjoy working with smart people. You will own your services and be able to make tough product decisions that balance competing priorities.
• Act as an entrepreneur, taking ownership of your services and maximizing the value you provide to your customers.
• Manage multiple concurrent projects. Estimate, plan, and slice projects to deliver frequent value to production.
• Manage day-to-day activities of engineering team using Agile/Scrum methodology.
• Hire, mentor, and grow the engineering team.
• Work with engineers to architect and develop simple solutions to complex problems.
• Lead your team to operational excellence of your services.
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience in Software development working directly within Engineering teams
• 3+ years of experience in People Management, managing a team of engineers.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
• Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databasesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven track record of building and managing high performing engineering teams
• Breadth and depth of experience building and managing complex software systems
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software
• Experience with micro service architectures
• Strong object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming