Do you live in Canada and want to launch new products, features, and services used by over 15 million fellow Canadians? Do you want to enrich Canadian lives by bringing world class shopping and selling experiences to their fingertips? If you answer is yes, then we want to talk to you!
Amazon.ca is the Canadian gateway that brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon Canada Tech Team.
We are currently looking for talented Software Development Managers to join our team and build out a new engineering group in Vancouver, BC. We're looking for leaders and trailblazers who aren't afraid of tackling massive scale, layered complexity, and ambiguous requirements to empower our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in designing, developing, testing, and deploying a variety of new customer experiences. You will be responsible for upholding a high bar in operational excellence and quality. You will partner across functions to help define creative vision, product requirements, user experience, and cross-team integration for retail operations in Canada. Working with a multi-disciplinary team of analysts, designers, product managers, business stakeholders, and central team engineers, you will help define and drive the product from concept all the way through to production.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of experience as a software developer
• 3+ years of experience managing people
• Experience developing and executing a software roadmap
• Experience managing front-end, back-end, and services-oriented software systems
• Experience leading highly-skilled software engineering teams
• Experience building teams and recruiting software engineers
• 5+ years relevant work experience in commercial or web-scale system software development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong analytical skills, with excellent problem solving abilitiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Deep hands-on technical expertise; prior experience as a software developer or software development manager preferred
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to navigate ambiguity and delivery incrementally to the right direction
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience designing software architectures for scalability, reliability, and performance
• A passion for people management and mentorship
• BS degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
-- Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Software and Programming