Underserved Population team's vision is to serve and make life easier for un-banked and under-banked segment and enable them to be a customer on Amazon, regardless of where they live or how they choose to pay. The team's mission is to build a flywheel of programs and innovation to improve low-income customers' access to, awareness of, and engagement with Amazon's low prices, selection, and convenience - and, with these, to increase Amazon's penetration within this customer segment. We work cross-functionally across Retail, Transportation, Payments, and Prime, all while working backwards from UP customers and their unique hurdles to shopping on Amazon today.
If you are motivated to work on programs that actually make a difference and give back to Community then this is the right team for you.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager with a passion for creating and improving customer facing applications and systems at scale.
As SDM leading the Underserved Population team, you will own the technical strategy and execution to build programs, features, and services that remove unique barriers faced by our customer segment, improve shopping journey and increase long-term engagement. This role is inherently cross-functional - you will work closely with product management, design, marketing and technical program management teams across Amazon Retail orgs to deliver new products, features, and services. You will communicate with UP executive team: prepare and participate in monthly program reviews, escalate relevant issues and incorporate feedback. You will be responsible for leading teams of engineers in design, development, testing, deployment, and maintenance of a range of features, services and capabilities.
We are looking for a candidate with a strong technical background, customer obsession, backbone and the ability to deal with ambiguity. It is also critical you have strong people development skills to manage a talented and experienced engineering team. Strong judgment, communication skills, and a continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for success in this role.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of software development engineering
• Strong People Management experience managing a team of 6+ engineers. The candidate should have first-hand experience on performance management, career growth and development of their directs
• Curious, self-motivated & a self-starter with a 'can do attitude'. Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic environment.
• Strong knowledge of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Clear thinker with superb problem-solving skills to prioritize and stay focused on big needle movers
• Excellent communication, analytical and problem solving skills
• A passion for the customer experience!PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Demonstrate ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
• Demonstrate ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Experience mentoring software engineers and influencing best practices within your team.
• Experience in dealing with ambiguous and undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
• Good to have experience working on AWS stack
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is committed to providing accommodations at all stages through recruitment and employment in accordance with applicable human rights and accommodation legislation. If contacted for an employment opportunity, advise Human Resources if you require accommodation, including in order to apply for a position
Software and Programming