The AWS Content and Knowledge Engineering (CKE) team is looking for a Software Development Manager (SDM) to build and deliver a brand new information experience for AWS customers. This is a critical role to design and deliver the product in the knowledge management space with dozens of features.
This role requires working closely with business, product, and engineering teams within the AWS Support organization and across Amazon. You will lead high visibility and high impact systems, collaborate with various teams across Amazon, and own regular communication with senior leadership. The successful candidate will be an expert in balancing the near-term demands of our business with long-term investment in frameworks and tooling, requiring backbone and strategic planning to build towards the long-term while delivering results in the short term. We are looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
The focus of the AWS Content and Knowledge Engineering (CKE) team is to provide cloud knowledge management infrastructure to global customers, with the overarching goal of assisting AWS users with access to authoritative cloud knowledge.
• Lead a team of software engineers in the testing, deployment, and operation of a major Alexa Service
• Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within a Scrum environment
• Hire and develop highly-motivated engineers
• Own the quality, performance, and operational excellence for your team
• Contribute substantively to innovation and overcome technology limitations to deliver on customer experience
• Work with other engineering teams to deliver solutions that scale
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our organizations members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Work life balance
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of professional experience in software development/engineering
• 6+ years of engineering management experience
• Computer Science fundamentals experience in object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide-systems
• Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing a team
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or MathPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience with designing distributed systems or building systems at scale.
• Experience working with content management systems and/or knowledge sharing systems.
• Strong mentoring and technical leadership skills and experience driving engineering excellence.
• Management experience, leading technical teams.
• Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience of working with or directly managing diverse and globally distributed software development teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us/.
Software and Programming