We are seeking an engineering leader to manage one of the engineering teams in Vended Logs, a fully managed service that makes it easy for AWS Services to deliver logs to their customers. We are looking for an engineering manager who is enthusiastic about data streaming/processing, and using AWS technologies to solve real customers' business needs, at AWS scale.
Building a High-Performing & Inclusive Team Culture
You should be passionate about attracting & developing a world-class team that welcomes, celebrates, and leverages a diverse set of backgrounds and skill-sets to deliver results. Driving results through others is your primary responsibility, and doing so in a way that builds on our inclusive culture is key to our long term success.
We value work-life balance in these particular times. We generally keep core office hours from 10am to 4pm. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later. We are builder-operators of our services at AWS and have a modest on-call rotation where you'll participate once every 2-3 months.
Energizing and Interesting Technical Problems
You will be working on enabling AWS service teams to ingest data at scale and route it towards multiple destinations like S3, CloudWatch Logs or Kinesis Firehose. You will get to partner closely with product managers and engineering leaders from tens of AWS services, whom will influence your roadmap to deliver valuable logs to end customers.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We're committed to the growth and development of every team member, and that includes our development managers. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the culture and direction of the entire Data Streaming organization and deliver site-wide initiatives that will improve the life of all of our teams.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 3+ years of building, retaining, and managing high performing diverse and inclusive teams
• 3+ years experience growing and mentoring software engineers
• Demonstrated experience in delivering software projects using Agile / Scrum methodologies
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent)PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Develops long-term strategies and influences leadership decisions
• Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills
• Verified project management skills
• Certified Scrum Master, Agile Certified Practitioner or similar certification
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or Engineer
• Experience with large scale distributed systems
• Extraordinary attention to detail and organizational skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming