Amazon brings buyers and sellers together. Our retail customers depend on us to give them access to every product at the best possible price. Our sellers depend on us to give them a platform to launch their business into every home and marketplace. Making this happen is the mission of every engineer on the Amazon North America Retail Expansion team.
We're looking for leaders and trailblazers who aren't afraid of tackling massive scale, layered complexity, and ambiguous requirements. If you want to create exciting new features, bringing unique experiences and value to our customers, then we want to talk to you. If you want to work on the fulfillment technologies that bring increased selection and a premier delivery experience across all of North America, we want to talk to you. If you want to work on internet scale to positively touch millions of customers' experiences then we want to talk to you!
We're the North America Retail Expansion development team. We aim to leverage US inventory to unlock greater selection, lower prices, and faster delivery for our customers in Canada, Mexico, and Brazil. We're looking for engineers who are passionate about writing code and who love to build distributed systems that are transactional, scalable, high throughput, fault tolerant and always available. We're looking for engineers who are able to design and develop beautiful front-end UI as well as the massively scalable backend services to support it. We're seeking engineers who are comfortable driving the end to end solution and who can do so in an autonomous and creative manner.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 5+ years of professional experience in software development / engineering
• 2+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Programming with languages such as; Java, C#, C/C++, building web services and highly scalable applications
• Excellent technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Expert knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Translation of complex functional and technical requirements into detailed project plans and schedules; manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team by defining, implementing and maintaining a coherent, progressive development strategy for our product line.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to break down complex concepts into easily understood frameworks and models.
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others, and the ability to establish and sell the business and technical vision for a complicated problem area
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.
Software and Programming