The Amazon Macie team is looking for a skilled Software Development Manager to help lead the future of the service. Amazon Macie is a security service that uses data loss prevention techniques and machine learning to automatically discover, classify, and protect sensitive data in AWS. Amazon Macie recognizes sensitive data such as personally identifiable information (PII) or intellectual property, and provides you with dashboards and alerts that give visibility into how this data is being accessed or moved. We are innovating new ways of building massively scalable and globally distributed security systems for assisting our customers with security and compliance.
We are seeking a strong Software Development Manager who is passionate about working on highly scalable systems that processes billions of objects and petabytes of information. The candidate will get opportunity to lead the core detection team that sits at the heart of Macie. The preferred candidate will enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and hiring and developing diverse teams of high performing front-end and software engineers. They will also have the opportunity to shape the future direction of the product, working closely with product management to give technical direction to business problems.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 8+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years people management experience
• 5+ Years of experience with OOD and object oriented languagesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Project Management skills/experience
• Experience leading large-scale software projects.
• Experience running high-availability systems with an emphasis on operational excellence.
• Deep technical knowledge of software development, large-scale data technologies, distributed computing, and AWS products.
• Excellent communication and data presentation skills that allow you to clearly, compellingly, and effectively influence audiences internally and externally, across organization boundaries
• Able to operate autonomously, making the right judgment calls on approach, priorities, and solutions
• Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
• Effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
• Ability to grow and develop your organization through successful hiring and coaching.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming