We are the Service Catalog team. We make life easier for all kinds of users. Developers, architects, data scientists, administrators, finance managers--you name it. We help organizations abstract away low level resources by defining products that represent the combinations of services they need to run their applications. Need a LAMP stack for your new web app? Done! Want a secure machine-learning pipeline for your experiment? Sure! Must set and maintain budgets for your projects? Of course! Time to tear down that legacy application? Easy!
We make all of this possible through a diverse, cross-functional team of customer-obsessed Amazonians. Software Development Engineers, Front End Engineers, and UX designers work together toward the common goal of delighting our customers. We interface regularly with customers, Product Management, Business Development, and other teams to understand their use cases and deliver innovative solutions. Our work spans full-stack development, big-data analytics, machine learning, operational excellence, and more.
If this sounds interesting, you are in luck! We are looking for a seasoned Software Development Manager to help us deliver on our ambitious charter for the next decade and lead a high-performing agile team. Here are some of the things you would do in this role:
• Define and drive the multi-year vision for your services.
• Drive projects to iteratively and incrementally deliver robust and solutions toward that vision.
• Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Program Managers across various service teams such as CloudFormation, Systems Manager, Amazon Managed Services, Organizations, Trusted Advisor, etc. Influence their charter to support the goals of Service Catalog.
• Grow, manage, and develop a world-class agile and inclusive team of backend and frontend engineers to tackle a wide array of technical challenges.
• Own, oversee, and delegate the development, and delivery of large- global software applications and services, including , architecture, testing, deployment.
• Ensure fast, high quality code reviews and Just-in-Time designs which meet business and architectural goals, and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
• Mentor developers in agile and lean engineering practices.
• Oversee engineering to ensure appropriate business and staff development goals are met.
• Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business goals with your team, leadership chain, and customers.
We understand that diverse lifestyles require flexibility. Outside of quarantine, our team is co-located in offices in Seattle, New York City, and Vancouver. We each have different lifestyles and circumstances that require different hours of work, and team members are eager to support each other. We value a sustainable work commitment, work/life balance, and we share our operations support across many team members. We frequently rearrange our commitments and work as needed to accommodate the complexities of life.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We are dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. You'll have an opportunity to learn from people with and without engineering backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough and helpful code reviews. We care about your career growth. You will work on projects and tasks that will develop your skills and enable you to take on increasingly complex tasks.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at , we embrace our differences. We don't just say we value diversity. The way we work is designed to leverage the contributions of the unique and diverse talent on our team. We operate as a social that works closely together toward a common goal. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science equivalent
• 6+ years of Software Development experience
• 3+ years of experience as a development manager building and leading strong engineering teams
• Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teamsPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience leading self-organizing teams with agile methods (e.g. Scrum)
• Experience creating and mentoring in sustainable testing strategies (e.g. Test-Driven Development, Hexagonal Architecture).
Software and Programming