The AWS Commerce Platform processes trillions of events per month from AWS services such as these to provide bill generation, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer usage, and analytics to both AWS customers and internal users. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, we work closely with other AWS teams to ensure our customers are provided with a great experience.
The AWS Commerce Platform Financial Data Reconciliation team is behind one of the most closely followed earning calls in the world. We are responsible for reporting honest, accurate and complete AWS financial data to Accounting system. We are looking for talented and passionate software development engineers with strong technical and business systems backgrounds to build new financial reporting services that are critical to the success of AWS customers' businesses, directly impact AWS' growth and international expansion efforts.
We are seeking a Software Development Manager to lead a small, highly customer centric, and early stage team for AWS Commerce Platform - Financial Data Reconciliation. We are constantly innovating customer experience for AWS customers. We focus on the payments experiences, helping enterprises and individuals understand what they owe, pay their bill and simplify their own internal related financial needs.
You will be instrumental in building a team. The ideal candidate is scrappy, innovative and enjoys taking on hard, ambiguous problems. They are creative, driven and highly productive. They are a great team player who will naturally elevate the performance of the people around them and have a track record of leading and delivering complex technical systems.
You will be working with a cross functional team of engineers, and product managers, and customer service teams.
This is an early stage initiative with a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment inside Amazon. To be successful you need to be flexible and entrepreneurial, comfortable operating with ambiguity and willing to develop quick proof of concepts. You are a true owner - you are passionate about the potential customer and societal impact and will operate at all levels, diving deep into the details while providing strategic inputs for the product.
• Work with other senior leaders on the team to build the technical strategy & architecture for a new service
• Design & develop teams that build world class software and services
• Mentor & grow engineers across the team, leading by example and insisting on high standards
• Develop tools & processes to enable best-in-class operations for our services
• As a Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of a new service that will eventually scale across devices and mobile platforms. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Learn more about Amazon on our Day 1 Blog: https://blog.aboutamazon.com/"BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree is CS or related field or equivalent experience
• 5+ years building successful production software systems and leading teams
• Project and Product Management Experience
• Significant technical /familiarity online payment processing
• Graduate degree in CS or related field
• Excellence in technical communication with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• A strong track record of and passion for delivering complex, engaging customer user experiences
• Experience managing projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate customer applications and interaction methodologies.
• Experience building user interfaces
• Experience defining and championing best practices across a software team
• Experience working in an Agile environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Software and Programming