How can we build talent pipelines to support Amazon's growth? What is important for talent to be successful at Amazon? How to reduce the regretted attrition? How to assess the onsite performance of the World Wide Consumer and Talent employees and hold them accountable for their own career growth? How to reduce the management churn and quickly help the managers identify the employee's growth gaps? These are among the most important questions at Amazon today.
A day in the life
As a Software Development Manager on the World Wide Consumer Talent Products Team, you will have an opportunity to collaborate with a team of economists, applied research scientists, software development engineers, and data engineers in answering these questions and developing products for use by internal WW consumer talent leaders to manage these insights at scale. This team will shape the strategic direction and inform talent decisions at the highest levels of Worldwide Consumer Talent, helping us to become the world's most scientific and technically proficient Human Resource organization.
About the hiring group
The mission of the Talent Products Team (TPT) is to build the world's best HR products. TPT is an insurgent, innovative, startup team that builds game-changing, intelligent products that challenge the status quo and cultivate Day One culture at scale. The team starts with the unique scale and complexity of the WW Consumer and Talent business as a way to incubate enterprise-wide innovation and applies science, technology, and customer obsessed product design to help Amazonians make informed long-term decisions about talent and spend more time focusing on the end customer.
Imagine being able to build the Earth's most customer-centric company...in an organization that delivers a smile to millions of people every single day...and on a team that powers the recruitment of the most talented and motivated employees in the world through technological innovations. This is the reality of being part of World Wide Consumer Talent Products team. We need leaders who are owners, who have a bias for action, and who have a deep desire to build....to make the previously impossible possible. Is that you? We're looking for a Software Development Manager to define and build our next generation career development product which is going to better engage and empower our employees.
You will manage a strong team of SDEs and work with product, design, science and PM professionals to achieve the goal of zero friction development experiences. You will establish structures that enable your team to solve complex problems and deliver large systems, and drive mindful discussions that lead to crisp decision. You will carefully consider short-term solutions and make sure their impact on the long-term architecture is properly assessed. You should tackle ambiguous problems and proactively mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have 12 affinity groups (employee resource groups) with more than 87,000 employees across hundreds of chapters around the world. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which reminds team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
It isn't about which hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We offer flexibility and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We care about your career growth too. Whether your goals are to explore new technologies, take on bigger opportunities, or get to the next level, we'll help you get there. Our business is growing fast and our people will grow with it.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• 7+ years of Software Development experience
• 3+ years of experience as a development manager building and leading strong software engineering teams of 5+ engineers
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
• Experienced in using an iterative process such as SCRUM to deliver engineering projects; experience in continuous improvement to development process.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architectural and distributed systems experience
• Experience with cloud based products such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience in articulate writing to drive nuanced decision making
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience developing micro services and microUIs
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software for commercial online services.
• Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Software and Programming