Have you ever dreamed of shaping the way AWS does business? We are looking for a technical leader that can lead the execution of AWS Support's partner API strategy that must be endlessly scalable, highly available, handle diverse frameworks and integrations, and make it easier for our partners to interact with our Support organization. This technical leader needs to be able to evaluate and evolve our technology stack as the cloud around them evolves and be ready to invent new ways of solving exciting new challenges every day.
To do so, you should be passionate about improving the AWS customer's support experience and executing on our vision of integrated support. You will be energized by building a publicly available API and integrating with downstream services. You will be excited about leading a team of engineers to achieve their goals and helping grow their careers.
This person will have the responsibility to:
• Define and drive the multi-year vision for AWS Support's partner strategy.
• Drive project initiatives to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision and incorporate in new technologies as appropriate.
• Work closely with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project and Product Managers across the company to influence product development to support or enhance products.
• Build relationships with existing and potential external partners to understand their requirements and demonstrate how products can add value to their business.
• Work with Project Managers to add new features to roadmaps, prioritize them, and facilitate delivery on requirements and functional specifications.
• Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
• Using Agile project management methodologies, and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) for multiple projects that leverage Object Oriented design (OOD) and distributed programming.
• Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers and project managers, including hiring recommendations, and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
• Ensure high quality design reviews which meet business and architectural goals and drive critical feedback on architecture and design issues.
• Oversee resource allocation to ensure appropriate business and staff development goals are met.
• Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business with team, management chain and with customers
If you enjoy solving challenging problems and designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale, come join us!BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A minimum of 3 years of experience managing a team of software development professionals within a distributed systems environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty as equivalentPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• 5 years of experience as a software developer using Object Oriented design (OOD) and distributed programming.
• 3 years of experience managing all aspects of the software development lifecycle of multiple projects using an Agile project management methodology; and directly managing engineering staff and making hiring and promotion decisions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong business and technical vision.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
"Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us".
Software and Programming