How can we build talent pipelines to support Amazon's growth? What is important for talent to be successful at Amazon? How can we better predict talent movement (promotions, transfers, attrition) and quantitatively identify the root causes? When does internal movement make the biggest impact on Amazon talent? These are among the most important questions at Amazon today.
As a Software Development Manager on the Worldwide Operations Talent Products Team you will have an opportunity to collaborate with a team of economists, applied research scientists, software development engineers, and data engineers in answering these questions and developing products for use by internal operations leaders to manage these insights at scale. This team will shape the strategic direction and inform talent decisions at the highest levels of Worldwide Operations, helping us to become the world's most scientific and technically proficient Human Resource organization.
If you are a candidate who is passionate about helping those around you reaching their fullest human potential, if you see technology as a way to disrupt and re-imagine talent management processes and leverage modern software engineering techniques, then you may be the ideal person for this position.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
• 7+ years of Software Development experience
• 3+ years of experience as a development manager building and leading strong software engineering teams of 5+ engineers
• Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development\
• Experienced in using an iterative process such as SCRUM to deliver engineering projects; experience in continuous improvement to development process.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience managing software development teams, with hands-on architectural and distributed systems experience
• Experience with cloud based products such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience in articulate writing to drive nuanced decision making
• A deep understanding of the software development lifecycle, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Experience developing micro services and microUIs
• Experience building scalable infrastructure software for commercial online services.
• Ability to handle multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a proven ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
• Ability to work on a diverse team or with a diverse range of coworkers
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Software and Programming