Amazon shoppers rely on delightful, highly responsive and low-latency shopping experiences for their shopping needs. Amazon developers who build those interfaces rely on powerful foundations to build these shopping interfaces - this is where you come in. You are an experienced Software Development Manager, and you can help us build the next generation of these foundations. The foundations deliver programming patterns, frameworks and runtimes using which other teams at Amazon can deliver shopping experiences without owning service operations, backend integrations or scaling responsibilities. They can simply build micro services and related configuration to deliver delightful shopping experiences.
In this role you will be the leader of a team that is customer obsessed and deeply technical. Your team builds and maintains software that works at Amazon scale. You partner with and influence other senior leaders who own related technical deliverables to build a cohesive tools and services. You will own tracking project delivery, task management, setting and tracking success criteria and communication within the team and with senior leadership. You and your team of passionate engineers will own solving many of the complex problems arising out of distributed development and build a robust system with very high availability and security. The role would offer tremendous ability to exercise and grow your technical and leadership skills in a highly visible manner.
• Build, lead and grow a high performing engineering team that delivers high quality software with predictability.
• Define the product vision, goals and long-term initiatives that provide great customer value and drive the execution of these initiatives.
• Make technical tradeoff decisions and drive strategic communication with stakeholders.
• Establish key success metrics, development, engineering, test, and operational excellence best practices for the team.BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineersPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in building and managing large scale distributed systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit (Opens in a new tab)https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us(Opens in a new tab).
Software and Programming